The devlog for September 23rd-30th:
- Updated numerous areas from before the theme revamp, to fit in with the new world.
- Replaced starter gear with a single “salvaged supplies” item, when when used, unpacks into the usual starter gear.
- Added the new Goals system, a branching tree of objectives with various rewards!
- Updated the combat engine to use a locational damage system, meaning getting hit in a certain body part (such as the hand or leg) will affect the armour worn on that part of the body.
- Massively overhauled how armour works (heavy armour feels like heavy armour now), the damage numbers on weapons, and the amount of health gained from the Toughness skill. Combat is now much more brutal and fast-paced.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.