The devlog for October 1st-6th:
- Shopkeepers now have a maximum amount of money they’ll pay for an item, based on the player’s reputation with the shopkeeper’s faction, and their mercantile skill.
- Replaced the old “wall-of-text” item examination system with a new ‘pop-up’ window that displays item details more clearly.
- Ported over several old zones from the pre-overhaul world, complete with fixes where needed.
- Rebuilt and expanded the dynamic wilderness spawn lists.
- Added resources, as part of the groundwork for a new, revised crafting system.
- Rebalanced the drop rates for various tiers of treasure items.
- Added a JRPG-style combat menu, making combat turn-based rather than auto-attacking and relying on the player to use special abilities in time.
- Removed the foraging system entirely, as it wasn’t working out well; instead, foraged items (sticks, wood, fruit, etc.) now spawn directly in wilderness rooms at random.
- Various bug fixes.